Nation Leaders, A Mission Team
by PamFord Davis

Government leaders are in the spotlight, under the scrutiny of voters and other elected officials. To top it off the media are a hungry pack of wolves! Corruption and character flaws are not easily swept under the rug. We want leaders we can trust and respect.

The phrase "separation of church and state" is an easy way out when moral and spiritual issues arise. A careful search of American history should reveal that the issue was not intended to be a safeguard to keep biblical standards out of government. Our forefathers were determined to keep government out of the church! Most came to America seeking religious freedoms and fleeing the state run church of their homeland.

A study of Old Testament Kings in Judah and Israel shows a steady repetition of character contrasts. Either they were remembered as leaders faithful to God and positive examples to their people, or they were evil, leading their people astray. In II Chronicles 17: 7-10/ 19:4, 8-11 I discovered a powerful example of what could happen under the leadership of godly men. King Jehoshaphat sent out a select group of government officials and religious leaders on a teaching mission, to instruct the people with the book of God's law as the standard. Not only did he delegate authority, He personally went out among the population drawing them back to God! He demanded integrity from those he sent out with God's word. His final state of the nation can be summarized as "Be strong; may The Lord be with those who do what is good (VS.11 Holman Christian Standard)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print