Seek Me
by PamFord Davis

"Ready or not, here I come!" To children quietly keeping out of sight and enjoying the game of "Hide and seek," those words sound like an alarm! They must remain perfectly still or the person seeking them will discover their hiding place. Do you remember the many times you played in this game, the sounds of laughter, and your disappointment if you got caught? It may be one of my earliest memories.

One of the advantages of the game is it works equally as well indoors or outside. One of my favorite hiding places inside was under the sink, in the cabinet below. I must have been very young; because that was a small area! I still recall facing the closed doors in front of me and the dark cramped cabinet. Maybe that is why I am not too thrilled about being in confined spaces today. There I waited under the sink, for someone to seek me! What if the one designated as "It" just decided not to play, thought seeking took too much time or effort? Well, "Pammy Sue" would either stay alone in the dark or come out and reveal herself.

God is waiting for you to discover Him! He is not in hiding; we frequently just do not see Him because our focus is on our circumstances. So, He patiently waits; because He loves us and believes an intimate relationship is worth the wait. "I love those who love Me; and those who diligently seek Me will find Me (Proverbs 8:17 NAS)."

The fun of "Hide and seek" does not last long. Our joy in seeking God brings eternal satisfaction! He is ready, are you?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print