God's Bouquet
by PamFord Davis

There is a special feeling of kinship when we have things in common with those we meet. It is like an instant bond. Maybe we share the same birth date and if it is the same year that is a bonus. Another piece of information is your birth place or where you grew up. If someone says they are from Syracuse, New York my ears perk up! We were once members of a church in central Florida that had a large number of "snowbirds" in the congregation each winter. We would often greet each other warmly and share where we were from. It was an ice breaker and drew us closer together. See how much we have in common?

Adopted children are quick to compare notes. Another thing easily discussed is a persons' occupation. If it filled your days it was important and when another has worked in the same field you understand each other. Isn't this fun?

People like to talk about their families. You have children? That is wonderful, me too! You are a grandparent? Welcome to the club! Those who have served in the military have a relationship with each other that is beyond description. They have so much in common, even if they served in different branches of the armed forces. These are all positive links and the best thing you can share is both having a personal relationship with Jesus! You have not just made a friend; you have met a sister or brother!

Did you know that you feel an extra closeness to people that share the same bad experiences? It's true; you feel comfortable with people who have gone through the same trials as you. Some examples are sickness, divorce, the loss of a loved one, being fired from your job, financial loss, possibly your homes were destroyed by fire or a natural disaster. These people really understand what you have gone through. As military veterans may say, "They have been in the trenches".

This subject came to mind when I realized I have something in common with The Lord Jesus! In scriptures He has many beautiful names that describe His character and His role. We run into the arms of The Good Shepherd, find fulfillment as He is The Bread Of Life and He quenches our thirst as The Living Water! I am so happy to say that Jesus and I are both a part of God's bouquet! He is beautifully described as "The Rose Of Sharon and The Lily Of The Valley" as in (Song Of Solomon 2:1). How do I share that description with Jesus? My mother told me that when I was born the nurses in the hospital nicknamed me "Rosebud," because of the shape of my lips. My birthday is in the month of May and the flower of the month is Lily Of The Valley. How about that? God loves flowers. That is plain to see each spring with the colorful display of wild flowers. I must give first place to the state of Texas!

Consider today what you have in common with others and even with Jesus. He and you both have the same Father! As believers we will live in the same city, The New Jerusalem! One day when we meet Him face to face we will discover more!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print