Denial
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever been accused of living in denial? It can happen to anyone; we put up blinders to things that cause pain emotionally. Maybe you refuse to face an addiction or the collapse of a marriage? Surely everything is going to be alright; other people have problems like that, but not me. I have things under control; or do I? Those forced to face reality of a terminal illness, gripping them or a loved one, go through a time of denial.

Jesus in His final days repeatedly shared what lay ahead with His twelve disciples. He lovingly worked to prepare their hearts and minds, to cushion the blow. A crisis is never easy; but if we see it coming, it might not knock us off our feet. He told them; but they did not hear His heart. The words went in one ear and out the other, did not register and were disregarded as impossibility. He is the Messiah! He is going to set up His earthly Kingdom! Soon we will be free from Roman rule! Long live the King!


Did Jesus use misleading terms or try to sugar coat the truth of His suffering and death? You decide "And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and be killed and after three days rise again. And He was stating the matter plainly. And Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. But turning around and seeing His disciples, He rebuked Peter and said, Get behind Me, Satan; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's,
(Mark 8:31-33 NAS)."

In denial they hoped beyond hope. No, they could not understand; the thought of the death of their Lord was too painful to accept. It even blinded them to the promise of His resurrection three days following His death! He would die, must die for man's salvation. He would rise again! Hallelujah!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print