Wagon Wheels
by PamFord Davis

Wagon wheels traversed the west carrying settlers to a new frontier. Mile by mile and day by day wooden wheels moved in circular rotations making the journey possible. Wagons were only as dependable as the wheels that bore the load. Any wagon master knowing his business gave instructions to the excited pioneers before they joined his wagon train. They would be advised to travel light, begin with a dependable horse team, and to be sure all wheels were secure and functioning properly.

The most crucial area was centered in the wheel, as the hub. It bore the weight and each spoke was firmly connected to that hub. Regular lubrication was essential for security. A man trusted not only his team of horses; he relied on his wheels.

Our life is a journey; and to travel we need a foundation we can trust beneath us to carry the load, our burden (2 Timothy 2:19a NAS) . Our life is the wheel and Jesus must be the hub! If we decide to put our own interests at the center, taking our focus and trust away from Him, the wheel is completely out of balance! We fall apart and fall behind in the wagon train to Glory land. How is the hub lubricated? We keep it well oiled with prayer and praise! Keep those wheels turning!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print