Dandelion Daydreams
by PamFord Davis

Come with me to dandelion day dreams! Those of you in the North East think of dandelions as a major problem. The more you dig up or poison, the faster they spread. In the Deep South people battle the kudzu vines in the same way. I'm going to give you my 2cents opinion on the yellow flowers popping up each spring.

To children a dandelion is not a weed or a nuisance. It is a flower! Flowers are to be picked and placed in water. So, they pick bouquets and take them to mothers and grandmothers, beaming ear to ear, feeling proud of the surprise they bring! Do you remember making dandelion necklaces? The simple knots tied stems together and made a treasured hand made piece of jewelry!

What about dandelion greens? Free food could be found and gathered from our own back yard! I never could understand hearing stories about children being forced to eat their greens. To me they were delicious! I can readily purchase or grow turnips, collards, or mustard greens; but dandelions are not common here. My mouth is watering already!
Another pleasure for a child in a yard of dandelions comes as the bloom dies. Isn't that wonderful? Praise God, pleasure from death; remember as believers death is not an enemy; it is the door to Eternity! "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law: but thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15: 55-57 NAS)." When the flower dries up and dies a white ball forms, so fragile a child is able to blow it off into the air. When traveling through space seeds of life are carried to fertile ground to live once more.

If you see a yard or field decorated in bright yellow blooms created by the Master designer, smile and start day dreaming!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print