King David's Prayer
by Irvin Rozier

On Dec 31, 2006, I preached on King David's great prayer as recorded in 2 Samuel verses 18-29.

David began his prayer by asking a question. "Who am I, O LORD God? and what is my house, that thou has brought me hitherto?" He reminded the LORD that he had promised certain things, and asked for these blessings to come forth.

I related that the LORD has brought us safe thus far, through the year 2006, and He will keep us safe until He calls us home. I also expanded on the character of David, how the LORD had anointed him as King even when he was young. I also told how David had great faith that Goliath would be defeated because he was defying the Army of the Lord. David's past experiences (in slaying a lion and a bear), led him to have faith in God's deliverance, and gave him the courage to face the giant.

David had seen how the LORD had brought him to the point that he could pray this prayer, believe that the LORD would answer it, even saying "do as thou hast said".

I went on to say, the LORD God who was with King David is the same LORD God who we serve. He is for us, and the giants in our path will fall at his command.

I closed in saying this: "This is the last day of 2006, some will not live to see 2007. Those of us who do live can absolutely put our trust in the LORD who was with David. He will keep us until our work here on earth is completed".

walkin2e

Copyright 2008 Irvin L. Rozier, author of My Walk with the Lord, US Army, Chaplain of American Legion Post 181..website to song and video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lseFgH7XumU  http://www.youtube.com/user/walkin2e

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print