Him Whom My Soul Loveth
by Jan Ross

By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go (Song 3:1-4a)


In dreams. Throughout the night. Upon rising. Seeking. Desperate to find.

Imagine yourself tossing and turning through the night as your dreams lead you on a quest to find the One whom your soul seeksthe One you need most desperately.

Imagine arising from your slumber before the dawn breaks only to realize it wasnt a dreamthere is something desperately missing from your life. You must find it. You must have it. You cannot go another day without it. You stop at nothing. You seek until you find.

As you meditate on this passage of scripture, allow your heart to feel the desperation of such a seeker, seeking him whom my soul loveth.

The word seek in this verse is translated as to beg, beseech, desire, enquire, get, make inquisition, procure, (make) request, require, seek (for). Certainly this is not a casual want or desire! On the contrary, we see an intense seeking of something that is an absolute necessitya seeking that even includes begging and striving to find. Seeking the One whom my soul loveth . . .

When was the last time you arose in the morning and set on a quest to seek the One whom your soul loveth? Or, perhaps it would be better to ask whom does your soul love? Wouldnt you agree that which we seek with such intensity is that which we love the most?

As Christians, how seriously do we take our daily pursuit of Him whom we claim to love with such intensity? Where does the Lord fit into our daily schedules or routines? Is He first? Or, does He get squeezed in where there are a few free moments? Does He get put off till were so tired we cant keep our eyes open or our hearts focused? Is our seeking of the Lord an intense seeking? Have we become like some who may not even feel it necessary to be so intense about our pursuit of God? Or, have we matured to the point of lacking any trace of desperation for communion with Him?

We are urged to examine our hearts and make a commitment right now to pursue God with all that is within us! That which we pursue with this type of intensity is indeed that which we love most. Do we love the Lord with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength? Then lets pursue Him!

Isaiah 55:6 admonishes us, Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Pursue Him more than anything! Seek Him and you will find Him . . . thats a promise!


Father, I confess that my pursuit of You is often weak and lacking the drive of one in hot pursuit. Oh Father, forgive me for not seeking You with my whole heart! Lord I want a burning desire in my heart to seek after You with all that is within me. You promised that if I seek You I will find You! Lord, I want YouI want to know You, I want to know Your love more than ever before! Teach me to pursue You, to feel true desperation for You, to need You more than I need my next breath! Help me to find Him whom my soul loveth! In Jesus name, amen and amen!


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matt 7:7-8)


_______________________
Jan Ross 2006
email: [email protected]

Jan Ross, President and Co-Founder of Heart of God International Ministries, is a passionate and outspoken defender of the Word of Truth and the Great Commission. http://heartofgodinternational.com. For more devotional material by Jan, please take a moment to visit www.hgdevotions.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print