Sealed Tight
by PamFord Davis

You, the television audience, were given the opportunity to see for yourselves tunnels and secret passageways, once used by Al Capone. Do you remember all the hype? Advertisements built your interest and curiosity rose. What treasures would be unearthed under the streets of Chicago? Did he leave cash or incriminating evidence behind?

I don't recall the ratings for the program; but I do remember the contents of the secret area. The cameras revealed nothing! Only litter lined the trail and Al Capone had the last laugh! The costs of production, likely considered a small investment for a spectacular discovery, quickly became wasted funds for the folly! The network executives would see their names in "Variety," the most likely to flop!

In history an incident is recorded of a storage area being securely sealed and guarded. The classic quote "Don't let anybody in or out" probably comes pretty close to orders from headquarters. If you value your job and your life, don't foul this up! Wow, you talk about a high stress job; I don't think they would have many takers! If those left to stand by could just pass the time, not lose their patience, maybe a reward or promotion would come their way. "And they went and made the grave secure, and along with the guard they set a seal on the stone (Matthew 27:66 NAS)." What treasure inside or what security risk needed such tight security? "And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. And his appearance was like lightning, and his garment as white as snow; and the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men (Matthew 28: 2-4 NAS)." There go our promotions! I just want to find a place to hide!

So, what was it people must be kept from getting into? An empty grave was now open for inspection! "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come see the place where He was lying (Matthew 28:6 NAS)."

Yes, the tomb temporarily held the greatest treasure the world will ever know, Jesus! He could not be held by death or a sealed, secured entrance. To the Lord it held no threat at all. It would be the biggest "Grand Opening" gala event ever known! At the time of unveiling the soldiers were diligently guarding an empty tomb! Jesus is alive! Roll out the red carpet, welcome the King of Kings!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print