Adventurtes In Paradise
by PamFord Davis

Let's take a paradise adventure! In the early 1960's there was a popular television program, titled "Adventures In Paradise." It focused on the captain of a schooner, and his Tahiti sailing adventures. The series was one of my favorites, and placed a dream within, to one day take a cruise on such a ship., traveling with sails caught in the prevailing winds.

In the mid 1960's Hawaiian clothing, luau parties, and the limbo rock became the rage. My older sister and I along with my best girl friend, planned a party, to be held outside in our garage. I might recommend for all teenagers to do that, at least once, learning for themselves the responsibility of taking on the organization of such an event. We earned the money for the refreshments, all with a luau theme, by babysitting. We made Hawaiian leis for each guest invited, from assorted colorful fragrant tissues. Each was strung together, one at a time with needle and thread, at our kitchen table. The three of us wore colorful muu muu dresses. Yes, that was a memorable paradise adventure!

My husband and I now are friends with a young couple from our church, that also have a paradise story to tell! They chose a tropical Hawaiian paradise location to have their marriage ceremony. It was a truly romantic setting! They will cherish those memories always!

As great as any paradise party or trip could be, they could never compare to the ultimate adventure that one man experienced. His only requirement was to believe in the giver. He felt unworthy for any special treatment, and yet he would soon experience an adventure of faith! He would join Jesus in paradise! (Luke 23:39-43)

Can't you just feel the gentle breezes rustling your hair, and smell the salty air? Palm trees are swaying and you are there!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print