Cinderella's Coach
by PamFord Davis

Do you enjoy fairytales, "Once upon a time" and happily ever after?" At the age of only twelve I stepped into the door of Cinderella's coach! Listen to my true story

School started and I entered the 7th grade in our tall Jr. High school building. It seems I had a secret admirer in the 8th grade! He noticed me before summer vacation, when our class visited the school. With creativeness he obtained my phone number from my school teacher, gave me a call, and revealed his interest in me. I had stars in my eyes and a lump in my throat! I did not even know who he was! He explained he would speak to me in the hallway between classes. Seeing him, his warm hello and smiling eyes stole a young girls' heart!

A crush, young love, or puppy love are all descriptive terms for our first taste of romance. It held many surprises for me. He may have not been Prince Charming in a dazzling uniform, with sword at his side; but he came close. He and his brother both in the past attended a military school; and I had a wallet picture of him in his dashing uniform.

He invited me to my first "boy-girl" party; and I dressed up in a pretty dress for the special occasion. The garage floor became a palace ballroom and my happiness continued to grow.

His family held membership in a Yacht Club. The club hosted a Dinner Dance for the young people at Syracuse University. He asked me to be his date! Preparations had me as excited as Cinderella and her playful mice. A pretty taffeta light blue dress became my gown. My mother styled my hair and applied my first touch of makeup; actually a dab of Vaseline on my eye lids gave sparkle to my eyes. Light pink young girls' beginner lipstick made a finishing touch.

My date arrived and he escorted me to our coach, his fathers Corvette! I rode in style, sitting on his lap in the 2 seat vehicle, trying not to mess up my dress. The room decorated for the dance equaled any fancy club, circular small tables, draped with white cloths and candle light illumination. An orchestra played; and I lived in the make believe land of a princess.

The night ended and our coach made the return trip to my country home. No, I did not leave a glass slipper behind; and there were no wicked step sisters, just a memory that lasted nearly 50 years. The End.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print