Grandpa's Magnifying Glass
by PamFord Davis

I never grew out of my childhood name of "Pammy Sue", to Grandpa. I remember when very little, bouncing on his knee, while he cheerfully sang "Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy, Jig!" There were the times of playing games of checkers,that he loved with all of his Grandchildren.

Our Grandpa was a craftsman, wove cain seats in chairs, and constructed things with wood, such as a rooster weather vane , to be placed on a roof. It would spin and twirl in gusts of wind.

I remember his fondness of honey, fresh from the honeycomb. He was devoted to Grandma, his bride of sixty five years, at the time of her death. Grandpa enjoyed the peaceful times of rocking in a favorite chair on the back porch.

A cherished memory I now recall is of Grandpa sitting in his favorite Living Room Chair, reading his Bible. He lived to Ninety One years of age, and for several years he was unable to read the small print. So, he read the scriptures with a large magnifying glass. In my photos I have a snapshot of him,as he had been doing just that. It is also in safe deposit, in my mind with other cherished memories. May I always be as dedicated to Gods' Word. Open my eyes, Lord. (Psalms 119:18)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print