Cook-Out Champion
by PamFord Davis

Summer is coming and once again friends and neighbors plan back yard cook outs. Men seem to love their barbecue nearly as much as their remote controls! Will there be simple hot dog and hamburger lunches or the hearty steak, cooked to perfection sunset dinners?

A trip to a beach, mountain retreat, near by lake or campground, gives the perfect opportunity to stoke those fires! Cookbooks are full of recipes to be grilled, including many mouth watering fresh vegetables. Recently when doing a yard sale a customer told us about his specialty. You might want to try it sometime! He cores a head of cabbage, stuffing it with things he likes, including sausage links, onions and green peppers. It sounds good to me!

A lake with waves crashing on the shore is serene and invigorating, rekindling our spirit. If swimming, fishing or boating, it doesn't take long to build up a ravenous appetite! Fresh air feeds our bodies with oxygen and increases the desire to satisfy hunger. A quick sack lunch may fill that empty spot; but it can not compare with a hot cooked meal.

" And so when they got out upon the land, but about one hundred yards away, dragging the net full of fish. Jesus said to them, Bring some of the fish which you have now caught. Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn. Jesus said to them, come and have breakfast. None of the disciples wanted to question Him. Who are You? Knowing that it was the Lord. Jesus came and took the bread, and gave them, and the fish likewise. This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to the disciples, after He was raised from the dead (John 21:9-14 NAS)."

I'm not sure how they were prepared over that open fire; but I know the Master Chef served mouth watering fish to those He trained to be fishers of men!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print