The Ransom Note
by PamFord Davis

Do you like the drama of mysteries involving a kidnapping? The 1932 true life story of the Charles Lindbergh child kidnapping concluded with grief and anger. As readers or viewers we are personally drawn into the torment of an abduction. To have someone you love missing is a nightmare. Learning they were kidnapped is more than a person can bare alone. Fear grips them by the throat and holds them hostage!

Act One: The family usually receives a ransom note or a phone call with no specific leads to follow, only the terrible news that they are holding captive the one reported missing. The caller says, "Do not notify the police or we will kill_____"! There are sleepless nights and frantic pacing, during the endless hours of waiting for the next note or call.

Act Two: The 2nd message has detailed step- by- step instructions. Bring the designated amount of cash, usually in small bills, to a secluded area. Come alone! Family members begin to pull the large sum of money together. At this point the police and FBI often become involved and give minute by minute orders and encouragement to the family.

Act Three: Hopefully the police trap the unsuspecting criminals and the kidnapped individual is free! If not,... misery never ends for the family.

Do you realize that you were held captive to sin, abducted by Satan's lies? The ransom was paid and you received your never ending freedom! "...just as the Son Of Man (Jesus) did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life, a ransom for many,
(Matthew 20:28 HCS)".

We are in debt to Christ and it can never be repaid.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print