Gloom and Doom
by PamFord Davis

Don't you hate gloomy days? Our emotions as well as stiff joints are easily influenced by weather systems! Dampness causes physical pain and overcast days leave us feeling downcast. "Why art thou cast down O my soul (Psalm 42:5a KJV)?" Liquid sunshine makes the flowers grow; but it dampens our spirit.

Don't you hate a happy face when you feel miserable? Let's be honest; "misery loves company" and if you are in a lousy mood, a chipper person is not who you seek out for company!

Our best defense for gloomy days is offense! Bring out God's arsenal of praise, worship, mediation and faith! He does not want us to hunker down in gloom and doom!

In Jeremiah 29: 11-14 we are given a pep talk that is worth frequent replay. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end (Verse 11 KJV). Take a look at the New Century Version: "I say this because I know what I have planned for you, says the Lord, I have good plans for you. I don't plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future."

How can we dwell in the pagan land of gloom and doom when peace, hope and a bright future, in the presence of the Lord awaits us?
Did you see a focus word in our scripture portion; plan?

God holds the game plan! If He has it mapped out already, our only responsibility is, to "get with the plan!" Let it rain, let it pour! God has the plan and I can't wait to receive more!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print