Moving a Mountain: Facing a Battle
by Judy Doyle

Rolling around in my brain and thought processes has been the "parable of the mustard seed." The scripture says,

"When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him.

"Lord, have mercy on my son," he said. "He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him."

"O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me." Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.

Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:14-20 NIV)

The parable isn't about the mustard seed. It is about faith. It isn't about moving an actual mountain. It is about moving some seemingly impossible barrier. For many of us it is a lack of self-confidence; for others it might be an addiction. What mountain are you facing today?

While being taunted by the great "giant" Goliath, the boy warrior, David, looked up and announced,

"All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands." ( Samuel 17:47 NIV)

What battle are we facing? Who are we trusting?

As a citizen of the United States of America, as the daughter of a World War 2 veteran, I believe in our military. But I believe more in the God of the Universe. Whatever mountain (barrier) I might be facing, I believe if I trust in God, that mountain (barrier) can be moved. But I also believe I must trust in the Lord's great power. I know it isn't by sword or spear. I know it is God who gives the victory. How about you?

I live in Central Illinois.  Have enjoyed writing for over 20 years.  I'm married, one son and daugher-in-law and one grand-dog.  No grandchildren.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print