Body Parts
by PamFord Davis

Do you still have all of your body parts? Do you have everything you started with? Most people need many surgeries in their life time. I am very grateful that as I approach age 60 I have no operations to list in my medical history. A few nurses have looked at me in unbelief!

With medical advancements today often patients are given replacements. That is a pretty good deal! A body part that no longer works properly is removed. to make room for a new and improved model.

One of the first operations that many people experience is the removal of their tonsils and adenoids. In most cases children have few problems, get a lot of attention, and then return to their play time or school. My oldest sister and brother both had complications caused by hemorrhaging and gave my parents quite a scare!


After the removal of tonsils throats are sore and sensitive. The patients are treated to as much ice cream and Jell-O as they want and a few days of bed rest. The time is not one filled with happy memories, just an ordeal faced and worked through.

My brother Gary received a gift from our parents, two gold fish as a reward for being so brave. I still remember his clever selection of names for the fish, "Tonsils and Adenoids!" They probably did not live long; but they are fondly remembered by his older sister!

If you are absent a few body parts, don't be alarmed. God is in control; He knows what you need. "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered (Luke 12:7a NAS)."

If the Lord counts every hair (and those that fall out); I'm sure He is keeping track of anything taken from your body. Do we even notice when they are missing? Maybe we do it is said, "You don't know what you've got until you lose it!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print