Spring Tonic
by PamFord Davis

Which term do you believe best fits our economy? Is it slow, stalled, or sluggish? Is it a recession or have we fallen into the beginnings of a depression? I believe it makes no difference what we label it with; we are all afraid and discouraged.

My husband is a new man each spring time when he plants his vegetable garden. It is therapy for him to till the soil, plant the seeds and plants, and see them grow. Last week he learned there is already a shortage of seed; and the season only started!

The news is people fear rising prices and shortages and are planting gardens. That does not sound alarming until you realize that many of these people do not normally have gardens! They are not planting as a precaution, but in panic!

I'll use the adjective weak to describe our financial climate. It needs to be built up, nourished much like you or I when we are run down, with a weak immune system. When weak, we are easily susceptible to disease. Our doctors may suggest extra vitamins or a tonic; surely they would suggest a balanced diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, plus needed protein.

A weak economy needs to once again regain strength, to fight off attacks against the foundation of trust in our system of capitalism. If weak, we are vulnerable and other countries may hit us on the weak side and cause collapse.

There is hope. ". And the government will rest on his shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6b NAS)." Our economy may be weak; but it rests upon the shoulders of the source of all power!

The Lord said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power (His power) is perfected in weakness (1 Corinthians 12:9a NAS)." He waits for us to seek Him out, to admit the weakness in our financial system, as families, and across our nation. His strength will be perfected in that weakness! Once again we can be strong!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print