The Froggy
by PamFord Davis

Are you a collector? It is amazing to learn the many different items that people search out at yard and estate sales, thrift stores and antique malls, not to mention internet sites! I collect tea pots, oldies- but- goodies music, and church hymnals.

Many people in recent years grew a strong attachment to frogs. Strange, isn't it? Something that God once sent as a plague on Egypt now fills our homes!

Frogs are everywhere, on clothes, jewelry, calendars, coffee mugs, greeting cards, knick-knacks, and toys. Maybe Kermit the frog started this trend!

My older sister, Donna found much enjoyment in frogs and our family steadily added to her collection. I remember her excitement and laughter showing me a musical frog from our younger sister!

In elementary school we had music class; and some of those early sing along tunes are still etched in my memory. A favorite selection was "A Froggy Went A Court'n." It is a pretty silly song, not much we need to know about that! A few years ago I found an old cassette tape on sale by Tex Ritter. To my amazement and glee it included "A Froggy Went A Court'n!" Yes, it is in my music collection and "High Noon" is also on the tape.

I guess we don't have to be too concerned about collecting frogs, unless we feel tempted to kiss them, in hopes of finding our prince!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print