Perils To Praise
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember "The Peril's of Pauline?" I am not familiar with the author; but the screenplay in the early 1950's gave simple enjoyment. The story focused on an actress who played roles of danger. An example would be the old classic, being tied to the railroad tracks by a villain. In the cliff hanger finale she is rescued by a hero; and viewers can't wait for next weeks cinema feature!

Most story lines are brought back, dusted off, and given a face lift. Several years ago our maiden fell into the hands of an animation creator. Super Saturday mornings opened up a brand new market of Pauline viewers.

Another persons peril may be exciting; but when we are part of the star attraction, it is very frightening! If our family, our jobs, or our health is in jeopardy we want to be rescued!

We feel we are past the experience of being at the end of our rope. Our hands are blistered from gripping the rope so long; it slipped away from us. We are in free fall; and the pavement below is our next unwelcome destination. Help!

Do you find it difficult to pray and read your Bible in times of peril? Don't give up; give in! Surrender the peril to the Lord. He knows the climax scenes and the end of the story. All the script is edited by Him to feature our "Leading Man!" (Romans 8:28-29)

In the life of Job we see a classic example of life out of control. He lost all earthly security, in family, material blessings and his health. He lost patience; but he never moved from God's presence!

He saw God with eyes of faith in Job 42:1-7. When he did, he spoke to the Lord, "Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know (Job 42:3b NAS)."

"And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the Lord increased all that Job had twofold (Job 42: 10 NAS)."
Job's life turned from peril to praise! Don't you love a surprise ending?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print