Parallel Bars Panic
by PamFord Davis

Is your life a balancing act? Is it hard to stay focused and avoid falling? Do you have the flexibility, strength and balance needed to live life from atop the parallel bars? Most of us will admit it is hard to keep our priorities straight, and keep from falling flat on our face!

Physical education, gym class in our schools used to include a very well balanced program in New York State. With so many cuts in spending it may be curtailed today. I am not athletic, do not have interest in sports, and do not have the coordination needed, if I was!

I gain great benefits from a regular exercise routine; but that is not athletic competition!
My hours in gym class were pretty grim; climbing the rope extended from the ceiling, or doing balancing demonstrations left me frustrated and embarrassed.

One day, I took it one step further. While on the parallel bars, I sprained my back. It caused a great deal of pain and the remedy included a few days of bed rest, flat on my back. If that were not bad enough, it happened right before a school break! Ask any teenage girl how that feels!

Our busy schedules and large number of responsibilities are more than we can balance upon our shoulders. We crumble under the load. There is an answer; "prevention is the best medicine."

Christ urges us, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6: 33 NAS)."
God understands the stress and burdens we carry and offers to be our efficiency expert.

Go to Him and He will help you with your daily planner!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print