Angel With A Beard
by PamFord Davis

Two little words are dreaded by all, "car trouble!" Yesterday outside of the bank my Sebring refused to start. It was on a sit down strike, and only made irritating clicking sounds each time I turned the ignition key.

Nobody likes to be stranded with a car breakdown, but I freely admit to being a member of the weaker sex. I am totally clueless about vehicle maintenance or problems.

I called my husband on the cell phone. After hearing my description of my ailing cars' symptoms, he said it sounded like it could be a bad battery. He said to to check on the battery terminals connections and call him back.

I did not even know where the lever was to pop open the hood. That discovery was appreciated. I tapped the terminals with my small flashlight and made my next call. I tried to start the car again; it still would not start.

We discussed my options: I could call AAA and get towed home, or go to an auto parts store located next to the bank and ask them to check my battery. If I bought a battery the car still might not start because I may need an alternator.

Feeling frustrated I decided to walk to the parts store. It was a stressful stroll. Then I said, "Alright Lord, you are giving me a story." It was a pretty day and I was very thankful that I broke down at a place where help was so close.

Inside the parts store a clerk said they did not usually go to check on vehicles. He would see if anyone was available. An elderly man was a customer at the counter and heard my problem. He said he had jumper cables and would try to start my car. That was good news!

He met me back at my car and tried to jump start the vehicle with his emergency jump start kit. That was needing to be recharged; so it was not strong enough to charge my battery, which he felt did need to be replaced.

My knight refused my offer of money for his help and said his wife did not even know how to pump her own gas. He was so very kind and considerate.

I walked back to the parts store ready to buy a battery. The helpful stranger had already done so much, but to my surprise he returned to the store. He went in with me to be sure I got the help I needed.

The plan of action was laid out. Someone from the staff would drive to my car and use jumper cables to get my car started. I could then drive to the parking lot of the parts store and have a new battery installed.

Mission accomplished! Today I am richer for having met such a kind man. Yes, he was possibly an angel with a beard.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print