The Make It Happen Moment ® Tumble The Giants
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "Focus on giants - you stumble; focus on God - your giants tumble!" - Max Lucado

So how would you rather have it? You stumble...or your giants tumble? You may not believe it, but it really is up to you depending on where you place your focus. When the towering giant, Goliath, standing 9 feet 9 inches tall was taunting and defying the armies of Israel for forty days, no one could focus on anything else but the giant...until one day when a little shepherd boy named David showed up and everything changed.

Sizing up the situation, David asks, "for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?" Because David knew the living God and the power of His armies, he simply chose the uncommon approach to solving the Goliath problem...exalt God, not the problem. In 1 Samuel 17:45, he faces Goliath and tells him; "you come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied." In other words, David acknowledges that he has a covenant relationship with the Most High Living Lord and He is bigger than any giant-sized problem of life - poverty, depression, illness, debt, addiction, anxiety, rejection, fear, oppression, or any other giant in life.

With one small stone, an angel guided sling, and the faith-filled worship of a small shepherd boy, Goliath tumbles and the whole earth came to know that the God of Israel lives. And the good news is...the same God of Israel who defeated the giant in David's life is still alive today to defeat the giants in our life. Malachi 3:6 states, "for I am the Lord, I do not change" and Hebrews 13:8 states that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." The Lord is alive and will do the impossible in your life, when you place your trust in Him.

So when the giants of life seem too big, remember God is so much bigger and He is faithful to fight on your behalf. He promises in Isaiah 54:17 that "no weapon formed against you shall prosper." Additionally, in 2 Chronicles 20:15, the Lord says, "do not be afraid nor dismayed...for the battle is not yours, but God's." Therefore, fearlessly face the giants in your life by placing an uncommon trust in the God who cares for you. Taking such an uncommon risk with God in a spirit of faith and excellence will undoubtedly cause a thunderous tumble...for your giants...and a glorious victory for you and me!

The Make It Happen Risk Taking Value: "Make It Happen" People Take Calculated Risks In The Pursuit Of Excellence!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Tumble The Giants Copyright 2007, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Tumble The Giants, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print