Extra, Extra!
by PamFord Davis

"Extra, Extra Read all about it!" Surrounded by modern technology we forget the influence of a street corner news boy. With a hot front page story, fresh off the press, his calls to those passing by were as powerful as sounding an alarm!

He rang out, "Extra, Extra Read all about it", while waving a neatly folded copy above his head. Curiosity drew people to his side. Each wanted to be the first to know! The boy himself often could not even read the headlines; but if it was a special edition, he understood the urgency of the contents.


John the Baptist heralded the news of the coming Messiah. Boldly his call carried through the wilderness. He had news to share; and God's people needed to hear all about it! "John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, this was He of whom I said , He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me ( John 1:15 NAS)."

Of his own importance, " He said, I am a voice crying out in the wilderness, make straight the way of the Lord, as Isaiah the prophet said (John 1:23 NAS)."


What about the street corner news boy? The block he worked reached out to a wilderness of lost souls, hungry for good news! Will we take our stand, find a street corner, office on the corner, or even a corner in our house occupied by a loved one?

They need the news; Extra, ExtraHear all about it! Jesus saves! "For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost (Matthew 18:11 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print