The Reflection
by PamFord Davis

Our lives show the reflection of whom, or what hovers over us. Imagine, peering down towards a crystal clear stream and seeing your own reflection. It is a little distorted by the babbling brook; but it is still your face. Suddenly you realize that one you dearly love is approaching; you notice now a 2nd reflection in the water. It towers over yours; but you are not insulted. It is your love!


The world looks at our lives. Is there a reflection seen as one on still waters? "He leads me beside quiet waters (Psalm 23:2b NAS)." Our Good Shepherd is aware of the dangers of turbulent waters for His sheep. We could be pulled down by undercurrents and swept away to destruction. The quiet waters create a quiet spirit and the opportunity to drink refreshment. Is peace and rest reflected in our lives?


If our lives are in the midst of churning waters, the Lords reflection is not visible. He is still hovering above; but the water is moving too fast to record His image.

Jesus and His disciples were out on a lake boating. Fierce winds formed rushing waves, sweeping over their boat! Jesus slept while the disciples bailed water and feared for their lives!

They woke him, crying out their fear of perishing! (Luke 8:22-24a) "And being aroused, He rebuked the wind and the surging waves, and they stopped, and it became calm (Luke 24b NAS)."


Minutes earlier no reflection of Jesus could be seen in the waters. Now, likely His outline shone on the surface of the lake. We want others to see His reflection; and we want Him to calm the raging storms of difficulty we endure.


The disciples asked; He acted!
Don't forget the disciples were never alone; in the storm and in stillness, Jesus dwelled with them!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print