The Gourd Lady
by PamFord Davis

Are you known by your occupation like "John, the doctor.", or "Mary, the teacher? We once had a Low Power television station; and my husband quickly became "Norm, the TV man!"

Today my mother-in-law, which I prefer to think of as my"mother-in-love", is "Our gourd lady!"For many years she has often raised acres of gourds for martin bird houses and crafts. For her it has been a labor of love! She also operates a real estate business; but she is "the gourd lady!"

As I read the scriptures it is interesting to see how often gourds are found there. Do you remember Jonah and his shade vine?(Jonah 4:6) Gourds were even displayed in the ornate designs in the temple.(I Kings 6:18 Hollman). Another place is found in (II Kings 4:39-41). Gourds look like squash growing on the vine.

Isn't it nice to know that work can be so enjoyable that it is almost like a favorite hobby, that you are paid to do! What ever we do, we each can do our best. (I Corinthians 10:31). Maybe one day I will be known as "The writer lady!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print