Bye, Bye Grape!
by PamFord Davis

Oh, no here He comes again! I am so weak and puny; He is strong and powerful! I feel like I may be crushed! This may be the last time I am in one piece! I knew this could happen; but that does not make it any easier to accept!

I do not believe inanimate objects could talk, but if they could my earlier words were spoken by a grape facing extinction under the heavy foot of the master of the vineyard. Soon he would become pulp and juice. "Bye, Bye Grape!"

At times we feel like we are grinded under the heels of humanity, draining us of all signs of life. Guess what, we are just getting ready for a life change! "we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; (2 Corinthians 4:8 NAS)" Do we want to be one solitary grape or blended with others for the Master's table?

How are we changed? We are broken and stomped on by circumstances from without and our attitudes within. Those things shape us for service, that our lives would bring refreshment for others. "Bye, Bye Grape!" Hello, thirst quenched!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print