Golly!
by PamFord Davis

"Golly!"The word took on special meaning when it came from the mouth of "Gomer Pyle!" The mythical town of Mayberry gave us many characters that pricked our conscience or tickled our funny bone. The old shows are as entertaining as ever and cross several generations. In our hearts we all call Mayberry "our home town!"

"Golly!"... "Ain't God good?" He loves us and heaps His blessings upon our plate, even when we choose junk food instead. He paints us a breathtaking sunrise, sorry you slept in and missed it. He designed winding trails perfect for leisurely walks and time alone with Him. I understand your decision to head straight home after work. You'll take a brisk walk on your treadmill, while watching the evening news.

"Golly!" Jesus really did reach out to the outcasts; His touch changed their lives! Yes, you gave through your job to worth while charities. You can't give to just anybody. If a person needs a helping hand let them contact a government agency. Isn't that why we pay taxes?

"Golly", Gomer got it right! He lived every day with the enthusiasm and trust of a child. I believe he lingered over every sunrise or sunset. He wandered country paths and discovered scenic fishing holes or a bird feeding her young in the nest. Gomer was never too busy pumping gas to talk with a stranger, or answer the questions of a small boy, the son of the local sheriff.

"Golly," God is awesome! "Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him (Psalm 33:8 NAS)." "Shazam, God loves me, and all my friends in Mayberry, too!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print