Textile Turmoil
by PamFord Davis

Many established companies and areas of industry are vanishing from our horizon. In the area where we live the textile industry once provided a substantial income and a solid retirement for wage earners. As the sun sets over the horizon, the textile industry is also going down daily. We trust our creator God, and know He will bring the sunrise after the long night. As the textile business continues to downsize, we realize it may not return as the rising sun.

Solomon said "there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9b NAS))." The first weaver was God, creating clothing for Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:21)." Luke tells us the story of Lydia, a successful woman in the textile business, coming to know the Lord, (Acts 16:14). Another scripture reference sounds much like a newspaper headline in current times, "(Egypt's) weavers will be dejected; all her wage earners will be demoralized, (Isaiah 19:10 HCS)."

If mills close doors and silence fills sprawling empty buildings, we can find our source of strength in God, who formed us, "For it was You who created my inward parts, you knit me together in my mother's womb (Psalm 139:13 HCS)." HE NEVER DROPS A STITCH!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print