Blackboard Prophecy
by PamFord Davis

We never know who maybe watching our lives, and what mixed messages they may be receiving. I guess that is the material tabloids and talk shows thrive on! I recall a time in my life that I found humorous at the time. Now I see there was more to the story, than meets the eye.

In my high school the boys coach also taught health class, an easy credit toward needed requirements. In my sophomore year I was in his class and things were going well. One day I guess I had a question about something, and I stayed after class a few minutes to talk with him. I wish I remembered what it involved. The results are all I remember.

We stood before the blackboard and he wrote the following: "P.F. & J.C." The P.F. were my initials, for Pam Ford. J.C. represents Jesus Christ. As we stood there talking a boy came into the room. We had been going steady, but split up a short time before. I finished my conversation with the coach and the boy and I left the class room. He said, "Who is J.C?" He seemed both curious and jealous. I chuckled and explained.

The strange thing is, looking back on the event, I believe it was "blackboard prophecy!" "For we know in part , and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away (1 Corinthians 13: 9-10 NAS)."

I did not know the Lord Jesus as my personal Savior until a couple of years later. I am proud to have my initials and name linked with His!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print