The Green Door
by PamFord Davis

What or who is hiding behind the "Green Door?" That song made popular in 1956 by Jim Lowe had a catchy tune and interesting lyrics. The listener is left guessing about the door leading to mystery. To this day the song holds a place in my memory.


My mother had a brother, my Uncle Bob who sang along with the song on the radio. As a 7 year old girl his deep voice and the words to the song scared me! I don't think he realized how much it frightened me; because I can remember his big beautiful smile!


There is a door not thought of much, (John 10:1-9). We remember that Jesus is the Lamb of God, and our Great Shepherd; but in this passage we are introduced to Jesus as the door "Jesus therefore said to them again, Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who come before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture, (John 10: 7-9 NAS)."



I understand that a shepherd often laid down at the front of his sheep at night, becoming a door, an entrance to the flock. If any thing or any one tried to harm the sheep, they would need to get over the shepherd first! Jesus is the door, protecting us as part of His flock!


I'm still not sure what could have been behind the Green DoorBehind Jesus, the door we can always find security and love; no password is needed!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print