Breakfast Time
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever fasted for either physical or spiritual reasons? Most of us have, some more often than others. Physicians often instruct patients to fast in preparation for medical tests.

Scriptures speak of fasting in both the Old and New Testaments. Fasting, when done with a humble heart is done to draw us closer to the Lord in prayer. Following Jesus model prayer, "Lords Prayer," in Matthew 6: 9- 13 he had much to say about fasting in verses 16-18. Notice He said "when" you fast, not "if you fast."


Have you ever realized that our morning meal is centered on fasting, " break-fast." Our nighttime hours were spent in slumber, and without nourishment. After rising we have our opportunity to break that fast, and start our day off right with a nutritional breakfast. I believe a good breakfast is almost cause for a celebration; take it sunny side up!


Another type of fasting we may experience is going through a period of time without the word of God. That is another fast to break during the early morning hours. A morning quiet time in God's word and prayer is food for our spirit.

At times in the history of God's people, they experienced famine, severe shortages of God's word. "Behold, days are coming, declares the Lord God, when I will send a famine on the land, not a famine for bread or thirst for water, But rather for hearing the words of the Lord (Amos 8:11 NAS)." We are blessed to have God's word available for meditation and memorization.


Break the fast; join the feast!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print