Betrayal
by PamFord Davis

In a dream I once had I was betrayed, cheated on by one I loved. I had feelings of hurt, unbelief, anger, hatred, and even murder. How could this happen to me? I had trusted, and loved; and what did I receive? Betrayal! Even many hours after waking, I felt hurt, a sadness only those who have taken the risk of loving can experience.


Lord, wrap me in your arms of love. Restore a peace and security, as the trusting of a small child resting in the compassionate arms of their parent. Oh, precious Savior and friend , You will never leave me or forsake me. (Hebrews13:5b)

You know the hurt of betrayal better than anyone. You have tasted it's bitterness when Judas betrayed You with a kiss, when Your loved disciples fled, when Peter denied ever even knowing You...Yet, You never denied him or Your faith in his divine purpose, to feed Your sheep (John 21: 15-17).


Lord, forgive me for the times I betray Your love and confidence. I realize how deeply I grieve You and Your Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30). I desire to bring You joy and pleasure with my life. (Luke 15:7/ Psalm 149:4)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print