Hanturach and the Wusanghi
by Debbie Sickler

Ours was a world of war. A world of devastation and tragedy. This is the true story of how the Wusanghi people were saved by the one who loved beyond his world:

Hanturach




"But Hanturach, you cannot go to that place. You will surely be killed before your shuttle lands."

"Giana, you know I have to. I've already given my word. What would you have me to do?"

"Stay here with me, with your children. We need you."

"The Wusanghi need me also. I'm sorry my love. I must."




Hanturach left the protection and safety of his home, traveling a great distance, to carry out a task no other was willing to attempt




"Giana, this world is even more destitute than the reports have shown. Their enemy has killed so many. Just this morning, I held in my arms a child, no older than our own Jordan, and watched him die. There was nothing I could do for him. Our herbs have no power over this illness. I must stay until I find a cure. Pray for us all here; I fear I have come too late. All my love to you and our sons. ~ End transmission."




Many months Hanturach worked diligently, as the Wusanghi died all around him. The virus released on our planet was so deadly, medicine men were unwilling to come to our aid. Hanturach was questioned many times about why he came to save those fated to die.

His response was always the same




"Centuries ago on my home planet, a man came to us. Our world was also dieing, from an enemy known as sin. This man, this Jesus, voluntarily came to die, that others might live. It is by his example that I chose to come here."

"Are you not afraid of the sickness? How do you know you will be protected and not share our fate?"

"I do not know for certain. I only have a faith in Jesus and his father to protect me."




It is because of this faith that Hanturach came to my people. As he healed the Wusanghi's bodies with his medicine, his words healed their souls. He taught us that Jesus showed him how to love beyond himself and reach out to help those in need.

It is this love of his fellow man, which caused my people to be saved, both physically and spiritually. Hanturach eventually found a cure for the sickness through much study and prayer. The Wusanghi grew strong once more and were able to defeat our enemy




"Hanturach! This world is even more beautiful than you described!"

"Welcome my loved ones. Welcome. I am so elated you have finally arrived. It has been lonely here waiting for you all. Please, come. Let me show you our new home."




Because of this one great man's willingness to come where he was so needed, many generations were born that would not have been.

I thank him.

Singturra,
Great-great-great granddaughter of
The Great Hero, Hanturach

(c) 2006 Debbie Sickler

Debbie Sickler, a mother of three boys, began writing as a hobby in 2005. She has since won several awards and been published both on line and in print. She is currently working on a Christian fantasy screenplay.

Contact her at:
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print