Lex Talionis
by Debbie Sickler

Kevin placed the black candle into position, just below the Sigil of Baphomet. He adjusted the medallion so the points of the star were just right.

With deep, deliberate breaths, he cleared his mind. Preparing. He was alone, just as instructed. No one to interfere or interrupt. Staring into the tall flame, he felt that it was time.

"I am ready, oh Dark Lord"


"Honey, Honey wake up. You're dreaming again." Tabatha shook her husband as he convulsed upon their bed. The nightmare released him. Kevin sat straight up. Trembles and shutters coursed through his body as it fought to be freed from the lucid memory. Tabatha embraced him, hesitant, unsure of how to comfort a man so haunted by his past.

"When will he stop? Why won't he let me forget? Why?"

"Shhh. It's okay now. It's okay. Let's pray, Honey, you know that always helps." Tabby cradled Kevin in her arms as a protective mother would her child. "Father God, we thank you for bringing Kevin out of the darkness of lies that were once his life and into relationship with you. We ask that you help him find peace in the forgiveness that you have so freely given. In your Son's precious name, Amen.

"Did that help?" Kevin could only nod as exhaustion took hold. "Good. Now try to get some sleep. Remember, it's your turn to preach in just a couple more hours. You know that's why the dreams have started again, right? Satan can't stand that you're not working for him anymore. You'll be fine once you get behind that pulpit." She kissed him on the forehead and rolled over. "G'night."

Kevin burrowed his head deep into his pillow, trying to push the voices out. All night long, the anguish continued in snippets of memory from an old way of life that refused to die.

'Their god is nothing to youYou are your own God.'

"Father, make him stop. I don't believe him anymore." Kevin silently cried out. The battle grew fierce as Satan drew his mind back to the most horrific acts of his former self.

'Lex Talionis, Kevin. Lex Talionis He had to be held responsible. He was in your lair. He knew his actions would cost his life; you were his Grotto Master Your power destroyed the weak and vile. It was pleasurable. You can taste that power again. I can restore it'

"I'm not that man anymore. I am a man of the one true God. I rebuke you Satan. You have no power that I want. The Lord is now my strength. I rebuke you. I rebuke you. I rebuke"

Dawn pushed back the night. The darkness faded into peace as Kevin's mind was given rest at last. He showered and shaved, then went downstairs for breakfast. He sat with his Bible, going over his sermon notes.

"You're looking better this morning." Tabatha sat a plate of scrambled eggs next to Kevin's coffee cup with a smile. "You had me worried last night. It was pretty bad this time, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, worst night yet. This sermon must really be powerful today to get Satan so riled up. Kind of got the feeling he didn't want me preaching it today for some reason." He managed a slight smile as he stirred some sugar into his coffee.

"The way you were wrestling around, it felt like the Devil himself was in bed with us. I was praying for you all night."

"Thanks Sweetheart. I know things haven't been easy for you, being married to a guy like me, but I felt your prayers. Something feels different this time. The peace feelsdeeper, more real. I think I'm finally free of all that." Kevin sat the spoon down and took a long sip of the hot, black liquid.

'When you feel the words you have spoke ring true, say the words "So it is done."'

"So it is done." Kevin whispered under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Just putting some old ghosts to rest."






Sigil of Baphomet ~ The goat head in a pentagram
Lex Talionis ~ The Satanic belief of seeking justice.

"If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy."


The ritual being preformed in Kevin's dream is a ritual to align yourself with Satan and can be found in it's entirety on the Church of Satan's website ~ under Youth Communiqu. All information for this story was taken from their website, a site that any of our children can access without involved and loving parents to guide them.


Satanism is the fastest growing religion amongst teens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(c) 2006 Debbie Sickler

Debbie Sickler, a mother of three boys, began writing as a hobby in 2005. She has since won several awards and been published both on line and in print. She is currently working on a Christian fantasy screenplay.

Contact her at:
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print