The Make It Happen Moment ® Constancy Of Purpose
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "One of the greatest services a leader can provide to his or her followers is constancy of purpose!" - Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges

Did you ever consider that your constancy of purpose is actually an act of great servant leadership? I have learned from reading Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges' book titled, Lead Like Jesus, that great servant leaders seek to give people all of the wisdom, knowledge, and spiritual resources needed to be successful on their journey. I have come to understand that a leader without constancy of purpose leads like a ship without a rudder...directionless and adrift.

Think about a compass for a moment. No matter where you may find yourself on a journey, the compass faithfully points true north. It provides a natural constant, which never changes, allowing a navigator to successfully find his or her way through any terrain, geography, or region. As a leader, your constancy of purpose becomes a compass for your team. It provides direction and comfort to the members of your team during times of change and adversity because they know constant purpose will lead the way regardless of the circumstances or changing conditions facing the team. With such constancy of purpose, the team is given direction that faithfully points toward their destiny.

Just imagine the chaos and confusion a faulty compass would impose upon a journeyman lost in the wilderness if the compass north was actually east one day, west another, and true north only a portion of the time. Shifting purpose does the same thing for a team. It imprisons the team to a wilderness experience around the same mountain rather than guiding the team on an adventurous journey from summit to summit. In leadership, your constancy of purpose makes the difference for your team when you speak it and live it on the way to each mountain top and through every valley.

Habakkuk 2:2 states, "write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it." Notice the command of God to write the vision on tablets. Written vision offers constancy of purpose that empowers people to run with confidence the race set before them. And Psalm 119:105 states, "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"; therefore, with a spirit of faith and commitment, study God's Word, the one true compass for life, to discover and renew the Lord's direction for you and your team. When you do, He will provide constancy of purpose that allows you to serve others with the greatest acts of servant leadership on your team's journey!

The Make It Happen Servant Leadership Value: "Make It Happen" People Are Led By Servant Leaders!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Constancy Of Purpose Copyright 2006, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Constancy Of Purpose, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print