1 Timothy 4:3
by Don Costello

1 Timothy 4:3

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

1. "Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats"

a. forbidding [2967 * koluo] [Zodhiates: To cut off, weaken, and hence to hinder, prevent, restrain.]

b. marry [1060 * gameo] [Zodhiates: to marry, to take as a wife.]

c. Vincent's Word Studies, p245. "The prohibitions above named were imposed by later Gnosticism of the second century."

d. The Roman Catholic doctrines of not eating meat on Fridays, stopped in the 1970's, and not allowing clergy to marry which are still current, are both doctrines of demons.

2. "and commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

a. The wording of this verse is very critical. He clearly says, "meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving".



My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print