The Bonding Process
by PamFord Davis

The bonding process is crucial in the early years of a child's life. From the first moments following birth and beyond a child yearns for safety, security, and love. A newborn baby turns their head toward the sound of the mothers' voice they heard in the womb. They quickly recognize the touch of loving parents and prefer being held by them than others.


God gave us an excellent bonding agent free of charge. Nursing our children by breast feeding brings a feeling of love, provision, and tenderness that is beyond description. Both the mother and child are together in a very personal relationship. I understand all women are not able to nurse their children, or for personal reasons chose to bottle feed. I am not saying that is bad; but nursing is preferable. Most babies are much healthier if formula is avoided or used sparingly. Personally, nursing my children forty years ago still brings back memories I'll cherish always.


"Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child rests against his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me (Psalm 131:2 NAS)." God meets our deepest needs, bonding us close to His heart.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print