Dead End
by PamFord Davis

Do you feel like your life journey has you traveling down a dead end street? Today we frequently hear of people feeling trapped in a dead end job. It is sad to realize there is no room for progress or advancement. Within each of us there is a desire to feel fulfillment as well as the challenge of advancement.


I wonder what it would be like to live at the end of a dead end street. Sitting on your front porch over the years you would see many confused travelers reaching the end of your street. This was not a fork in the road; this meant the end of the road! There were no choices available; they simply must turn around, and find an alternate route.


We must be on the right path, "And the Lord said to him, Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for behold he is praying, and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him, so that he might regain his sight,(Acts 9:11-12 NAS)."


Ananias protested because he heard all the reports of Saul persecuting the followers of Christ. God made it clear that Saul would now be used to carry the Gospel. The street called Straight was the dead end for Saul, but the entrance ramp for the man he would become, the Apostle Paul!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print