The Burning Bush
by PamFord Davis

The burning bush experienced by Moses must have captivated him, as he realized it defied all logic. Today scoffers try to explain away all miracles recorded in the Bible, including the burning bush. I read that it was just a reflection, like an optical elusion.


We may not rationally understand why miracles occur. By faith we know we serve a holy and powerful God; and nothing is impossible with Him! "Is anything too difficult for the Lord (Genesis 18:14a NAS)."


The bush burned, but was not consumed. Imagine having a log burning in the fireplace and it never stopped burning! It continuously provided warmth during a blizzard and you were snow bound. You could not explain it; but you experienced it never the less.


Our fire, zeal for God should stay ablaze! When humanly speaking we should experience "burn out", God is able to keep the fires burning! "And for this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God (2 Timothy 1:6a NAS)."


I have had the privilege of personally knowing another burning bush, once my pastor, in Devine, TX, Rev. Charles Bush. His heart was aflame with a burning desire to preach God's word. "But if I say, I will not remember Him or speak anymore in His name, then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire shut up in my bones; and I am weary of holding it in and I cannot endure it (Jeremiah 20:9 NAS)."


Brother Bush has gone home to be with the Lord; but his fire burned away underbrush in my heart; and God will one day use His refining fires to consume all sin!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print