The Tapeworm
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever seen someone with a ravenous appetite that was skinny as a bean pole? There are not many around these days with America's growing problem of obesity.. In days gone by the quick conclusion was, "He must have a tapeworm!" The parasite takes all the nourishment meant to sustain a persons life.


I had not thought about tapeworms for years, then saw one on a science program. That is not my choice for entertainment; but it does make me think. How sad would it be to be doing all the right things nutritionally and yet be wasting away? The tapeworm would slowly day after day devour its' host home. I think it is time to call for an eviction notice!


Our economy and finances are being devoured within families,communities,businesses, churches, states and nations. There is a tapeworm that must be eradicated. Satan devours and destroys as explained in I Peter 5:8. He knows that our financial woes lead to stress and anxiety. Financial worries lead to conflict and division in marriages. Money or the lack of it turn our eyes to our circumstances and away from our provider. (Genesis 22:8,14) When trusted He will provide.



We are not defenseless and we do not have to knuckle under to Satan's' extortions. God is just waiting for us to seek His help. (Malachi 3:11 HCS) He "will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not ruin the produce of your ground (economy) and your vine in your field will not be barren says The Lord of Hosts."


Smile, this time the tapeworm may have "bit off more than he can chew!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print