The Ryder Truck
by PamFord Davis

Rental trucks and vans have often been in the headlines because of their connections to terrorism. The bomber of The Oklahoma City Federal Building used a rental truck to carry his explosives. The devastated city will never be the same. As a result we may forget the main purpose of the trucks .


Rental trucks are a helpful way to move across town or even with long distance moving. For people on a tight budget they are a necessity. Our family used them many times and seeing the large numbers driving on interstates it is easy to see their popularity. The companies also have many extras such as packing boxes and blankets to cushion the load. Every effort is made to make your relocation run smoothly.


In the early 1970's we were planning a move to Louisiana from Toledo, Ohio. We rented a large Ryder truck and also a tow bar to haul our compact car behind us. My husband and I along with our two young children easily fit into the spacious cab of the truck.


It did not take long to perceive that the truck was having problems. By the time we reached the Cincinnati area it was obvious something was seriously wrong. It was lunch time and we had sandwiches and snacks ready. We decided to just pull off the road and take a break to eat. Maybe the truck would run better after it had cooled off.


As we normally do we had a simple prayer before we ate, and asked for The Lords' help with our problem. Before we had time to finish our meal a man approached our truck. He was asking about our trouble; and any assistance when you break down is greatly appreciated.


This was more than a considerate stranger; he was a top executive with The Ryder truck company! He would make arrangements to have us towed directly to the Ryder repair shop. The problems were solved and we continued on our journey.


Answers to fervent prayer are times of great rejoicing. Our Ryder experience proved that God also hears our simple prayers. He loves to meet the needs of His children.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print