Here I Come
by PamFord Davis

Growing up I lived in a small Central N.Y. State neighborhood, out in the country. On pretty days most children would be outside playing. Many families then were larger than now; and it did not take long to get a crowd together for games or exploring.

There were five children in our family, six across the street, twelve in the house on the corner, and a number more in our close knit community.


We did not have the luxury of cell phones, beepers or even walkie-talkies. When we were looking for some one; we just yelled out their name, trying to locate them. A McIntosh apple orchard behind our house gave children fun opportunities to climb trees, pick apples, and explore.

I remember our secret call to others, "Kee-aw-kee, come to me!" Friends or siblings would come running when that message filled the air.


A few years ago while watching an old television rerun of a Lassie show, I had the surprise of hearing Timmy and his neighborhood friend use the same phrase while playing together.

I guess that may be where we picked it up. I did some quick internet searching to see if it is an Indian translation for "come to me," but I did not locate my answer. I guess it is alright to leave a little mystery with my childhood memories.


When the Lord calls us we don't need a secret message from Him. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me (John 10:27 NAS)."

Here I come!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print