Creativity
by PamFord Davis

Are you a creative individual? Do you have interesting hobbies, making craft items or ceramics, maybe painting or sewing? Some people just seem to have the knack for working with their hands. They have almost a sixth sense, can see something beautiful just waiting to come out. To outsiders it seems that everything these creative people touch turns into a work of art. My mother-in-law is one of those gifted in many areas.

I do not place myself among these talented artists. My past experiences in child care required me to keep my classroom decorated with colorful posters, pictures and cut outs. That was a real challenge for me, and commented I would rather pay someone to do it for me! Upon leaving my position I was happy to pass that responsibility on to others. I believe my only creative aptitude strengths are in writing. Many in my family have written poetry as well as some song writing.

Have you ever noticed a special talent handed down through generations? It is so thought provoking that someone may say, "It's in the blood!" They imply it was an inherited trait. Guess what? Any kind of creativity is "in the blood." Our heavenly Father, Son and Holy Spirit created our world from nothing.

When ever we are credited to the creation of something, we had some starting point and use materials available to us. Even a major invention began as an idea based on other thoughts learned before. God is the source of all creativity. He just lets us share in His process. Have you ever really taken a close look at His creation? Nature is splashed with color so vibrant it could never be captured on canvas.

Yes, "It's in the blood." Our Father through the shed blood of His Son allows us to share in His ways to bring beauty to the world around us. King David recognized God's greatness and gave humble praise, "When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou dost take thought of him...?" (Psalms 8:3-4 NAS) Maybe you have a buried talent, start digging!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print