Tears In A Bottle
by PamFord Davis

How do they get those miniature ships in a bottle? I guess it is like the "elephant jokes," very carefully! The mysterious notes in bottles that drift ashore are nearly as intriguing. It seems that mankind puts a variety of things in bottles, both for protection and display. Bottles come in various sizes, shapes, and colors. Maybe you collect bottles; many people do.

Have you ever seen a bottle of tears? No, it is not a scientific experiment, or some warped idea of a joke. Have you ever heard the expression "I'm not going to waste my tears on him or her?" If you're God's child, no tears are wasted.

"Thou hast taken account of my wanderings; put my tears in Thy bottle; are they not in Thy book (Psalm 56:8 NAS)?" Every tear we shed is of worth to God, who created our tear ducts.

In Luke we read the beautiful story of a woman washing Jesus feet with her tears.
(Luke 7:44). I wonder what the bottle looks like holding those tears? It might sit on a mantle in the house of the Lord!


One day the Lord will wipe away all our tears in Heaven. (Revelation 7:17). For now let them flow, "He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him (Psalm 126:6 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print