The Other Shore
by PamFord Davis

People seem drawn to bodies of water; ask any Real Estate agent! After severe storms hit our nations' coastline, homes are left damaged or destroyed. Those of us who are "land lovers" wonder why any one would build so close to the shore, knowing the risks.

The truth is most will rebuild and hope for the best. The advantages of the terrific view of the water, the peaceful rhythm of waves washing up on the shore, and sunrise and sunset reflections make it worth while.


Another reason people are drawn as a magnet to the water is the fishing opportunities. If a person simply loves the thrill of baiting their line and casting it off in the distance, or if it is a commercial fishing business, the coast makes it all possible.


In the New Testament Jesus found faithful followers as He strolled along the shore; and the lake and fishing are frequently mentioned. "That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. Large crowds gathered around Him. So Jesus got into a boat and sat, while the people stayed on the shore (Matthew 13:1-2 NCV)."

It is easy to visualize Jesus peacefully sitting by the lake. Maybe it brought back memories of the creation He shared with the Father and the Holy SpiritAs He took deep breaths, the salty air brought refreshment and He had hopes His followers would fulfill their role of "salt of the earth."


The next time you head to your favorite water spot, look far out across the horizon; you can almost touch eternity, and the outstretched hand of Jesus waiting on the other shore!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print