Don't Stop!
by PamFord Davis

How long is your attention span? Working with very young children I learned in their early years they average one minute for every year of life. That explains why it is so difficult for them to sit still and quiet in worship service!

The amazing thing is when we discover a child who breaks the mold! I had a boy, Thomas who could concentrate for long amounts of time, either by himself with an educational toy, or listening as I read an ABC's book to him. Yes, Thomas had a fantastic attention span; he puts most adults to shame!


I think with most of us, things which interest us most, do hold our attention. Sports fans can spend hours at an event or watching television. They seem to be in a trance; yes sports hold their attention! Reading, music, and other forms of entertainment are easy to concentrate on. What about God's word and prayer?

I wish I could say we score as well thereOur minds wander; and we think of all the other things that need our attention. Very often we just get sleepy and give up.
We need staying power!

Others are depending on us to pray. "They said to Samuel, Don't stop praying to the Lord our God for us. Ask the Lord to save us from the Philistines. Then Samuel took a baby lamb. He offered the lamb to the Lord as a whole bunt offering. He called to the Lord for Israel's sake. And the Lord answered him (1 Samuel 7:8-9 NCV)."


Don't stop now! The cry of victory will ring out soon!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print