Gold Rush
by PamFord Davis

It seems like we are in another "Gold Rush!" Viewing television or listening to the radio, we are bombarded with commercials by companies wanting to purchase gold jewelry to be melted down, for resale. I even saw a feature on the evening news; this is big business!

People are actually hosting "gold parties," inviting friends and neighbors to meet with a representative of the company, selling their items on the spot, and walking away with a signed check! The host of the party may receive a percentage from the sales. They have a good chance in our slow economy; the promise of fast cash is pretty appealing!

Gold has always held value in our world economic system; but even that is temporary. Solomon instructs us to put knowledge first. "Take my instruction, and not silver, and knowledge rather than choicest gold (Proverbs 8:10 NAS)."

I doubt we'll see a "knowledge rush!" The Book of Revelation mentions gold often; and it plays a visible part in the heavenly city. "And the material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass (Revelation 21:18 NAS)."

The description continues. "And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass (Revelation 21:21 NAS)." That is one "gated community" I aim to see! Try to imagine a clam large enough to hold an enormous pearl, chosen to design a gate!

Today there may be a "gold rush;" but one day all will rush to fall at the feet of Jesus! "behold, I will make them to come and bow down at your feet, and to know that I have loved you (Revelation 3:9b NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print