Reveille To Taps
by PamFord Davis

A military base is a good place to keep us grounded in our patriotic roots. If you have an opportunity to visit a base in your area it may bring rich rewards. Our son-in-law is career Air Force; and during the last seventeen years I have been a visitor at several air bases. A first time guest is surprised to hear patriotic music sounding through the air. It is beautiful!


The sound of reveille and taps is also heard. No explanation is neededReveille means it is time to "rise and shine;" taps is the call for "lights out!" I think every mother would love this idea for school children. Reveille and taps get your attention!

To a family member attending a funeral for a veteran, the playing of taps brings sadness, but also hearts swell with pride for those who dedicated years of their lives, in defense of our country.


The day will come when the sounding of taps will no longer be needed. "And it will come about in that day that there will be no light; the luminaries will dwindle. For it will be a unique day which is known to the Lord, neither day nor night, but it will come about that at evening time there will be light (Zechariah 14:6-7 NAS)."


Keep sounding the reveille; it is always time to rise and shine for Jesus! "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you (Isaiah 60:1 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print