Ouch!
by PamFord Davis

Do you ever have difficulty breaking in a new pair of shoes? It can often be a very painful experience. Each time the shoe rubs against your foot it causes irritation, and very soon a blister is formed, ouch! You may wonder if those nice new shoes are worth the pain!


With every step you take, you feel the blister; and may even begin to favor that foot, placing more weight on the other. This is not what you bargained for when you selected the shoes! Each time the shoe rubs you are instantly alerted to the problem. This can not be ignored!


I believe this focus on a simple blister may give us more understanding about Paul's plight. "there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet me-to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I entreated the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness. Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me (2 Corinthians 12:7b-9 NAS)."


We are not sure what caused Paul's "blister;" many believe his affliction may have been a very serious eye condition. We do know he wanted it removed; and God left it there to keep Paul from "getting the big head." He had no bragging rights as an apostle. Paul's boasting centered in the cross of Jesus Christ. "But he who boasts, let him boast in the Lord,
(2 Corinthians 10:17 NAS)."


What is your "blister?" Maybe it is God's reminder of His perfect will for us. If some one "rubs you the wrong way," they may be a blister in disguise!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print